Santa Ana, February 16, 2023 – Breeze Airways, the newest, nicest U.S. airline founded by aviation entrepreneur David Neeleman, today debuted at John Wayne Airport (SNA) with the first-ever “Orange County to Orange County” flight, to Orlando, FL (MCO).
The new flight is the first nonstop connection between California’s and Florida’s Orange Counties. Breeze is also adding nonstop service to Provo/Salt Lake City, UT, today and, next month, adds nonstops to Columbus, OH; Cincinnati, OH, and Pittsburgh, PA. One-stop/no plane change ‘BreezeThru’ service is also offered to Providence, RI.
Fares start from $69* one-way from SNA to Orlando, and from $39* to Provo, if purchased by Monday, February 20. All five nonstop destinations are currently on sale for introductory fares.
Orange County (SNA) to:
- Orlando, FL (Daily, Nice from $69* one way);
- Provo, UT (Daily, Nice from $39* one way);
- Columbus, OH** (Wed and Sat, starting March 29, Nice from $119*);
- Cincinnati, OH** (Thurs, Sun and Tues, starting March 30, Nice from $119*);
- Pittsburgh, PA** (Fri and Mon, starting March 31, Nice from $119*); and
- Providence, RI** (BreezeThru service on Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun, starting March 29).
“I can’t think of a better way to commemorate this milestone than for the ‘nicest airline’ to connect two of the ‘happiest places on earth’,” said David Neeleman, Breeze Airways’ Founder and CEO. “While also giving our Provo Guests an epic daytrip option from their house to the ‘house of the mouse’ in Orange County.”
“We are pleased to welcome a new airline partner to our diverse group of carriers,” said Charlene Reynolds, Airport Director. “Breeze supports community interests by bringing Orange County a fleet of cleaner, quieter aircraft. We are excited to deliver a superior level of convenience for our guests with additional service and new destinations.”
Breeze took flight in May 2021 and has quickly expanded across the U.S. connecting underserved city pairs with fast, efficient flights. The airline’s business model centers around offering affordable fares with plenty of perks including no change and cancellation fees up to 15 minutes prior to departure, free family seating and enhanced seating options including Extra Legroom and First Class seats**. Guests can choose from a la carte or bundled options to create a travel experience that meets their needs.
Seat pitch for a Standard Economy seat is 30 inches on the A220s and 31 inches on the
E-195s, while seat pitch for Extra Legroom is 32 inches on the A220s and between 34 and 39 inches on the E-195s, depending on the row selected. First Class seats feature 39 inches of seat pitch, 20.5 inches of seat width, and special features, such as a footrest, for added comfort, and in-seat AC power and USB/C ports.
With seamless booking and customized flight features delivered via a sleek and simple app, Breeze makes it easy to buy and easy to fly. Flights are now on sale at www.flybreeze.com and via the Breeze app.
* Get Off The Couch promotion is available only when booking a new reservation for travel. Promotion excludes travel from MSY, LAS, PBI, and VRB on Sundays or Mondays, and all travel from SRQ on Saturdays. Supply is limited, and one day advance purchase requirement applies. Promotion must be purchased by February 20, 2023 (11:59 pm ET), for travel through March 7, 2023. Price displayed includes taxes and government fees. Fare prices, rules, routes, and schedules are subject to change without notice. Other restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
** First Class seating only available on flights operated on the A220-300