(SANTA ANA, CA) – Air travel during the winter holiday travel period is expected to be a busy one. Passengers traveling through John Wayne Airport (JWA) can expect to see increased passenger traffic and busier roadways.
“The end of the year is a time that we enjoy spending with friends and family,” said Supervisor Andrew Do, Chairman of the Orange County Board of Supervisors. “Passengers are encouraged to review the Airport’s Healthy Travel practices and plan accordingly to avoid delays and enjoy stress-free holiday travel.”
- Passengers are encouraged to arrive 90 minutes to two hours before scheduled departure times for domestic flights and three hours for international flights to find parking, check luggage, and go through security screening.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2, and C are located directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $2/hour up to $20/day. Vehicle access to Terminal Parking Structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- The Main St. Parking Lot located at 15132 Main St. in Irvine is available for $14/day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- Airport parking structures are likely to reach capacity during peak travel periods. Travelers can plan ahead by checking real-time parking availability online here or by calling 949-252-5200.
- Curbside Valet Parking is available on the Departure (upper) Level curbside from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. On your return, call 949-252-6260 or 2-4018 from any White Courtesy phone for faster service.
- Electric Vehicle (EV) parking spots are located on Level 1 inside Terminal Parking Structures A, B, and C, on Level 2 in Parking Structure A, and at the Main St. Parking Lot. Charging stations can quickly be identified by the EV reflective signage and parking space surface markings.
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is allowing one liquid hand sanitizer up to 12 ounces per passenger in carry-on bags until further notice. Learn more about the TSA “Stay Healthy, Stay Secure” campaign here.
- Passengers wearing face coverings during the TSA screening process may be asked to adjust them to confirm identity.
- Know the TSA’s 3-1-1 Liquids Rule for carry-on bags. Traveling with food tip: If you can spill it, spread it, pump it, or pour it, the TSA considers this item a liquid. View more TSA travel tips here or a list of frequently asked TSA questions here.
- Enroll in TSA Pre✓® to expedite screening and reduce touchpoints.
- There are specific rules and exceptions for passengers traveling with infant care items. Visit TSA Tips for Traveling with Children for more information.
- The JWA Cell Phone Waiting Lot is free for visitors to temporarily park and wait until passengers are ready to be picked up. Located south of Parking Structure C near the corner of MacArthur Blvd. and Campus Dr. The lot has 94 designated spaces, including 4 ADA spaces.
- Color-coded and numbered columns along the white curb on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway make meeting arriving passengers easy.
App-Based Rideshare Uber, Lyft, and Wingz
- Arriving guests should be aware of ride app pick-up locations on the Departure (upper) Level in Parking Structures A2 and B2 directly across from the Riley Terminal and in Parking Structure C on Level 3 next to the Southwest ticketing area. Ride app drop-off locations are curbside on the Departure Level. More information is available here.
- The Transportation Security Administration has extended the federal mask requirement for travelers across all U.S. transportation networks, including airports, through March 18, 2022. More information is available here.
- Healthy Travels practices have been implemented throughout the Terminal following County and State guidelines to protect the health and safety of all guests. Visit www.ocair.com/covid19 for a list of FAQs or view the JWA Healthy Travels video.
- Airlines servicing the Airport have procedures in place to enhance the health and safety of passengers. Please contact your airline for questions regarding health requirements to board the aircraft. See airlines serving JWA for airline contact information.
To lessen the spread of COVID-19 during the holiday travel season, the OC Health Care Agency (HCA) and John Wayne Airport have collaborated to distribute no-cost, self-collection COVID-19 testing kits to travelers at JWA. Test kits are available pre-security in Terminals A & C Sunday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. According to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), all travelers arriving in and returning to California from other states or countries are recommended to test for COVID-19 3-5 days after arrival.
Hoag Health provides onsite urgent health care services, COVID-19 vaccinations and rapid testing, prescriptions, vital screenings and more at the Fly Well Clinic located in the Terminal. More information can be found online here or by calling 949-557-0667.
For guests looking for travel guidance during this time, the latest travel advisory information from CDPH can be found here and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance can be found here.
For more travel tips and additional information about John Wayne Airport, visit www.ocair.com.