July 2, 2019
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT INTRODUCES INTERACTIVE DIGITAL WAYFINDING
SANTA ANA, Calif. –New interactive digital wayfinding signage makes traveling through John Wayne Airport even more convenient. The easy-to-use touchscreens help travelers locate specific restaurants, retail concessions and amenities throughout the Thomas F. Riley Terminal.
“With the new Digital Wayfinding Displays, John Wayne Airport has established a creative and innovative way to enhance the overall guest experience,” said Orange County Board of Supervisors Chairwoman Lisa Bartlett. “The new wayfinding signage allows multiple passengers to engage simultaneously and helps ease their journey through the Terminal.”
Signs located at TSA entrances now combine JWA’s Flight Information displays with two 46” touchscreen wayfinding LED screens, and three 37” horizontal LED screens that continually display the overall layout of the Terminal’s concourse and gate numbers.
Guests at John Wayne Airport now have access to LED digital touch-screen wayfinding signage to easily locate everything in the Thomas F. Riley Terminal from sunglasses to water refill stations. Guests can also view menus, locate vegan-friendly options, and order food directly from a mobile device.
Highlights of the interactive digital wayfinding signage include:
- Identify where retail, food and beverage, airlines, and services (pet relief areas, taxi/ride-app locations, nursing mother’s lounge, ATMs, water refill stations, USO) are located in Terminals A, B, or C.
- Know the distance from one location to another to comfortably judge the time needed to reach the destination.
- Locate a restaurant and view menu options, calorie counts, vegan/vegetarian options, and gluten-free items.
- Download a free HMS Host “Host2Coast” app directly to a mobile device via QR code to pre-order a meal from seven restaurants, pay and schedule a pick-up time up to 4 hours in advance.
- View the JWAlive music program schedule for performance times and locations.
- Find information and links to wheelchairs, airlines, rental cars, and TSA Pre✓™.
- In the coming months, guests will be able to have their mobile food orders delivered while they wait at their gate at no charge.
To learn more about John Wayne Airport, please visit www.ocair.com.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically, go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.