SANTA ANA, Calif. - Airline passenger traffic at John Wayne Airport increased in April 2022 as compared to April 2021. In April 2022, the Airport served 958,826 passengers, an increase of 93.5% when compared with the April 2021 passenger traffic count of 495,592.
- Compared to 25,313 passengers in April 2020, there was an increase of 3,687.9%.
- Compared to 899,186 passengers in April 2019, there was an increase of 6.6%.
Commercial aircraft operations in April 2022 of 7,825 increased 44.7% and commuter aircraft operations of 468 increased 13.3% when comparing with April 2021 levels.
- Compared to 2020 levels of commercial aircraft operations, there was an increase of 375.4% and commuter aircraft operations increased 310.5%.
- Compared to 2019 levels of commercial aircraft operations there was an increase of 2.9% and commuter aircraft operations increased 18.2%.
Total aircraft operations decreased in April 2022 as compared with the same month in 2021. In April 2022, there were 25,729 total aircraft operations (take-offs and landings), a 4.0% decrease compared to 26,798 total aircraft operations in April 2021.
- Compared to April 2020 of 13,085, total aircraft operations increased 96.6%.
- Compared to April 2019 of 26,922, total aircraft operations decreased 4.4%.
General aviation activity of 17,378 accounted for 67.5% of the total aircraft operations during April 2022, and decreased 17.0% compared with April 2021.
- Compared to April 2020 general aviation activity of 11,306, which accounted for 86.4% of total aircraft operations, operations increased 53.7%.
- Compared to April 2019, general aviation activity of 18,850, which accounted for 70.0% of total aircraft operations, operations decreased 7.8%.
The top three airlines in April 2022 based on passenger count were Southwest Airlines (354,430), United Airlines (159,861) and American Airlines (156,876).