SANTA ANA, Calif. – With a record number of passengers expected at airports during the start of the busy summer travel season beginning July 4th weekend and continuing through Labor Day, John Wayne Airport encourages travelers to plan accordingly to avoid delays and enjoy stress-free travel.
Airport traffic is likely to be the heaviest on Thursday and Friday (July 1-2) and Monday and Tuesday (July 5-6). Review the following tips to go from curbside and through security screening to arrive at your gate efficiently.
All passengers are encouraged to arrive 90 minutes to two hours before scheduled departure times for domestic flights and three hours for international flights to find parking, check luggage, and go through security screening.
- Curbside Valet Parking is available for $30/day and is located on the Departure (upper) Level curbside between Terminals A and B. On your return, call 949-252-6260 or 2-4018 from any White Courtesy phone for faster service.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2, and C are located adjacent to and directly across the Riley Terminal at a rate of $2/hour up to $20/day.
- Airport parking structures are likely to reach capacity during peak travel periods. Travelers should plan to check real-time parking availability online here or by calling 949-252-5200 before arriving at the Terminal.
Arriving guests should be aware of pick-up locations on the Departure (upper) Level in Parking Structures A2, B2 directly across from the Riley Terminal, and in Parking Structure C on Level 3 next to the Southwest ticketing area. Ride-app drop-off locations will continue to be on the Departure Level at curbside. More information is available here.
- Know the Transportation Security Administration’s 3-1-1 Liquids Rule for carry-on bags. Traveling with food tip: If you can spill it, spread it, pump it, or pour it, the TSA considers this item a liquid. View more essential TSA travel tips here or a list of frequently asked TSA questions here.
- Members of TSA Precheck can expedite the screening process in Terminals A, B, and C.
- There are specific rules and exceptions for passengers traveling with infant care items. Visit TSA Tips for Traveling with Children for more information.
- International travelers should check the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website to ensure they have appropriate documentation for traveling to and from the United States. Passengers who are members of the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program could expedite their Customs clearance into the U.S. at John Wayne Airport.
- Utilize the Cell Phone Waiting Lot or 2-hour parking spaces located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C. Access to the Terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Color-coded and numbered columns along the white curb on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway make meeting arriving passengers easy.
Healthy Travels Information
- Passengers traveling through John Wayne Airport can expect to experience several measures designed to keep guests safe and are encouraged to review the Airport’s Healthy Travels practices and FAQs at www.ocair.com/covid19 before arriving at the Terminal.
- Federal law requires travelers to wear face masks across all U.S. transportation networks, including airports, through September 13, 2021. Learn more about the TSA requirement here. Free face masks are available to all guests at Information Booths located in Baggage Claim (lower level).
For more travel tips and additional information about John Wayne Airport, visit www.ocair.com.