Attention John Wayne Airport Ground Transportation Provider, in accordance with the applicable operating permit or contract all Ground Transportation Operators must meet the requirements of Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations:
Read carefully, not all information below applies to all company types.
- Buses, hotel-shuttles, rent-a-car shuttles, employee shuttles, taxis, limos, Door-to-Door shuttles, demand responsive systems (“Transportation Network Carriers” or “TNCs”), and similar services must utilize accessible vehicles, or provide equivalent facilitation, as applicable.
- Buses, hotel shuttles, rent-a-car shuttles, employee shuttles, and similar services must have signage explicitly indicating priority seating for people with disabilities and elderly persons.
- All airport-operated and licensed private fixed-route operators (buses, hotel-shuttles, rent-a-car shuttles, employee shuttles, and similar services) must make arrival and destination stop announcements, for example:
- “Next destination: John Wayne Airport;”
- “Now arriving at: Terminal A, John Wayne Airport;”
- “Next destination: Hotel Luxurious.”
Title 49 also requires John Wayne Airport to ensure that the Airport, our tenants, and Ground Transportation Providers always meet ADA requirements. To that end, on occasion John Wayne Airport may randomly review select Ground Transportation Providers for compliance review. Non-compliance may lead to corrective action in accordance with the applicable operating permit or contract. Additional information can be found at the following link.
 49 C.F.R. §§ 37.33, 37.167.