Gulfstream 280 Noise Abatement Procedure
Santa Ana, John Wayne/Orange County, California (KSNA)
During any operations at Santa Ana, the following Noise Abatement procedures are required:
|Departures||7:00 AM [8:00 AM Sunday] – 10:00 PM|
|Arrivals||7:00 AM [8:00 AM Sunday] – 11:00 PM|
|Departures||10:00 PM – 7:00 AM [8:00 AM Sunday]|
|Arrivals||11:00 PM – 7:00 AM [8:00 AM Sunday]|
- Limit aircraft weight to 33,000 lbs for takeoff.
- Make sure that APU is OFF.
- Utilize Flaps 10° for all takeoffs.
- Pre-takeoff: Plan takeoff using manual throttles set to TO/GA N1 (i.e. thrust levels full forward).
- Align the aircraft as close to the departure end of the runway as feasible.
- Hold brakes and advance thrust levers to 77% N1 and note thrust lever position.
- Release brakes and rapidly advance thrust levers to the forward stops.
- At VR, promptly rotate aircraft to a 17˚ nose-up attitude.
- Upon positive rate of climb, retract the landing gear.
- Maintain 17˚ pitch attitude while accelerating to VSE.
- At 400 feet AGL, simultaneously:
- Reduce thrust levers to 77% N1
- Set pitch attitude to maintain VSE during climb out (no lower than 12˚ pitch attitude).
- Select Flaps UP no slower than VSE – 10.
- Maintain VSE during climb out.
- Execute SID and/or departure instructions as closely as possible and continue climb to 3000 feet.
- At 3000 feet select auto-throttles (as desired) and accelerate to normal departure speed.
- Limit weight to 28,000 lbs.
- APU must be OFF.
- Fly a normal approach and landing with Flaps LND.
Source: Aircraft manufacturer
Airport Access and Noise Office: