Looking for a volunteer opportunity that brings satisfaction in assisting the traveling public? Join our Volunteer Ambassador team!
Our Volunteer Ambassador Program is designed to enhance the travel experience by providing superior customer service to our guests as they navigate the Thomas F. Riley Terminal.
JWA Ambassadors volunteer their time to assist our travelers with friendly, knowledgeable service and are available to answer questions and give directions to our guests. Our Ambassadors also utilize technical devices, such as iPads and touch-screen monitors to assist our guests when navigating the Terminal.
After one year of service, Ambassadors have the opportunity to become an Airport Tour Guide. Airport Tour Guides lead public tours through the Thomas F. Riley Terminal, sharing information about the Airport’s history, features, amenities, and services.
Individuals interested in becoming a JWA Volunteer Ambassador must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Commit to serve a 4-hour shift every two weeks or eight hours per month for a minimum of one year.
- Must be able to stand and walk or be wheelchair mobile for up to four hours.
- Must be able to problem-solve, work well with a variety of people and personalities, be an effective communicator, reliable, flexible, committed, and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Clear background checks that include Criminal History Records and TSA Security Threat Assessment.
- Must follow the uniform policy wearing tan/khaki colored pants and Airport issued dress shirt.
- Attend Airport customer service/volunteer training.
Interested in joining our Volunteer Ambassador Team? Please provide your information in the form below and we will contact you with the next steps of the process. We look forward to hearing from you!