Looking for a volunteer opportunity that brings satisfaction in assisting the traveling public? Join our Volunteer Ambassador team!
John Wayne Airport (JWA) serves more than 10 million passengers a year (approximately 28,000 passengers a day). In 1998, the Airport established the Volunteer Ambassador Program, designed to enhance the travel experience by providing superior customer service to our guests as they navigate the Thomas F. Riley Terminal.
Easily identified by their bright red jacket or vest and smiling faces, Ambassadors are customer service professionals who assist our guests by answering questions about Airport amenities, services, flight or gate locations, and visitor/tourism information. Our Ambassadors utilize technical devices, such as iPads and touch-screen monitors to assist our guests when navigating the Terminal.
After one year of service, Ambassadors have the opportunity to become an Airport Tour Guide. Airport Tour Guides lead public tours through the Thomas F. Riley Terminal, sharing information about the Airport’s history, features, amenities, and services.
Individuals interested in becoming a Volunteer Ambassador must meet the following requirements:
- Commit to serve a four (4) hour shift every two weeks or eight (8) hours per month for a minimum of one year.
- Must be able to stand and walk or be wheelchair mobile for up to four (4) hours.
- Must be able to problem-solve, work well with a variety of people and personalities, be an effective communicator, reliable, flexible, committed, and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Clear background checks: Criminal History Records Check and TSA Security Threat Assessment.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must follow uniform policy: wear tan/khaki colored pants/skirt and a white collared shirt with Airport issued Red blazer/vest while on shift.
- Attend Airport customer service/volunteer training.
Ready to apply? Please submit your contact information in the form below and we will contact you once your information has been received. We look forward to hearing from you!