August, 26, 2019
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT LABOR DAY WEEKEND TRAVEL TIPS
While the Labor Day holiday typically signals the end of the summer season, it also marks the start of a busy travel period for airports across the country. Beginning Thursday, August 29 through Monday, September 2, passengers traveling through John Wayne Airport will experience higher-than-normal passenger traffic and are encouraged to review the following tips to avoid delays and enjoy stress-free travel.
- Arrive 90 minutes to two hours before scheduled departure times for domestic flights and three hours for international flights to find parking, check luggage, and go through security screening.
- Curbside Valet Parking, located on the Departure (upper) Level curbside between Terminals A and B or Terminals B and C, is available for $30/day. On your return, call 949-252-6260 or 2-4018 from any White Courtesy phone for faster service, or download the free ‘FlashValet’ mobile app to pick-up your vehicle via text and pay for your Valet Parking service from the convenience of your cell phone.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2, and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $2/hour up to $20/day. The Main St. Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St. in Irvine is available for $14/day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- Airport parking structures are likely to reach capacity during peak travel periods. Travelers should plan to check real-time parking availability online here or by calling 949-252-5200.
Ride Apps Uber, Lyft, and Wingz:
- Arriving guests should be aware of pick-up locations on the Departure (upper) Level in Parking Structures A2, B2 directly across from the Riley Terminal, and in Parking Structure C on Level 3 next to the Southwest ticketing area. Ride-app drop-off locations will continue to be on the Departure Level at curbside. More information is available here.
- Know the Transportation Security Administration’s 3-1-1 Liquids Rule for carry-on bags. Traveling with food tip: If you can spill it, spread it, pump it, or pour it, the TSA considers this item a liquid. View more essential TSA travel tips here or a list of frequently asked TSA questions here.
- Members of TSA Pre✓® can expedite the screening process in Terminals A, B, and C.
- There are specific rules and exceptions for passengers traveling with infant care items. Visit TSA Tips for Traveling with Children for more information.
- International travelers should check the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website to ensure they have appropriate documentation for traveling to and from the United States. Passengers who are members of the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program could expedite their Customs clearance into the U.S. at John Wayne Airport.
- Utilize the Cell Phone Waiting Lot or 2-hour parking spaces located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C. Access to the Terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Color-coded and numbered columns along the white curb on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway make meeting arriving passengers easy.
For more travel tips and additional information about John Wayne Airport, visit www.ocair.com.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically, go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.