July 1, 2019
BUSY SUMMER TRAVEL SEASON IS UNDERWAY AT JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT
SANTA ANA, Calif. – Summer is here and so is the busy summertime travel season that typically begins during the week of the Fourth of July holiday. Guests traveling through John Wayne Airport (JWA) are encouraged to plan accordingly to avoid delays and enjoy stress-free summer travel. Review the following tips to go from curbside through security checkpoints to arrive at your gate efficiently. Please be aware that fireworks of any kind, including sparklers, are considered hazardous and forbidden on aircraft in checked baggage or carry-on bags.
- All passengers are encouraged to arrive 90 minutes to two hours before scheduled departure times for domestic flights and three hours for international flights to find parking, check luggage, and go through security screening.
- Curbside Valet Parking is available for $30/day and is located on the Departure (upper) Level curbside between Terminals A and B or Terminals B and C. On your return, call 949-252-6260 or 2-4018 from any White Courtesy phone for faster service. Download the free ‘FlashValet’ mobile app to drop-off and pick-up your vehicle via text or pay for your Valet Parking service from the convenience of your cell phone.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2, and C are located adjacent to and directly across the Riley Terminal at a rate of $2/hour up to $20/day. The Main St. Parking Lot located at 15132 Main St. in Irvine is available for $14/day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- Airport parking structures are likely to reach capacity during peak travel periods. Travelers should plan to check real-time parking availability online here or by calling 949-252-5200.
Ride Apps Uber, Lyft, and Wingz:
- Arriving guests should be aware of new pick-up locations on the Departure (upper) Level in Parking Structures A2 and B2 directly across from the Riley Terminal, and in Parking Structure C on Level 3 next to the Southwest ticketing area. Ride app drop-off locations will continue to be on the Departure Level at curbside. More information is available here.
- Fireworks of any kind, including sparklers, are considered hazardous and forbidden on aircraft in checked baggage or carry-on bags. Learn more about what items are allowed in carry-on bags by visiting the Transportation Security Administration’s What Can I Bring? website.
- Know the TSA’s 3-1-1 Liquids Rule for carry-on bags. Traveling with food tip: If you can spill it, spread it, pump it, or pour it, the TSA considers this item a liquid. View more essential TSA travel tips here or a list of frequently asked TSA questions here.
- Guests may bring an empty water bottle through TSA checkpoints and refill it for free before their flight from one of three water refill stations throughout the Riley Terminal.
- Members of TSA Pre✓® can expedite the screening process in Terminals A, B, and C.
- There are specific rules and exceptions for passengers traveling with infant care items. Visit TSA Tips for Traveling with Children for more information.
- International travelers should check the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website to ensure they have appropriate documentation for traveling to and from the United States. Passengers who are members of the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program could expedite their Customs clearance into the U.S. at John Wayne Airport.
- Utilize the Cell Phone Waiting Lot or 2-hour parking spaces located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C. Access to the Terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Color-coded and numbered columns along the white curb on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway make meeting arriving passengers easy.
- Individuals with hidden disabilities like Autism, their families, and caregivers who need assistance while traveling through JWA can contact JWA’s Helping Hands program to help ease their travel experience. Call 949-252-5200 or email email@example.com to learn more.
For more information about John Wayne Airport, visit ocair.com.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically, go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.