January 17, 2018
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT RELEASES PASSENGER SURVEY RESULTS
SANTA ANA, Calif. – John Wayne Airport (JWA) has announced the results of its most recent passenger survey, conducted in October and November, 2017. The biannual survey is conducted to measure traveler preferences and satisfaction.
The 2017 Passenger Survey confirmed that JWA continued to earn very high approval ratings from travelers, both visitors and residents alike. The passenger survey collected responses from passengers in the Thomas F. Riley Terminal and from Orange County residents by telephone:
- Overall, 95% of passengers surveyed are satisfied or very satisfied with their experience at John Wayne Airport. Two-thirds (65%) of passengers rate JWA as a 5 on a scale of 1 - 5.
- Among Orange County residents surveyed, 91% of residents who flew out of JWA within the past 12 months are satisfied, rating the Airport 4 or 5. About half (48%) of Orange County residents rate JWA as a 5 out of 5.
- The proportion of pleasure/leisure travel has increased to 52%, while business travel has decreased to 22%, and an additional 21% responded they were traveling for personal reasons.
- Key drivers of overall passenger satisfaction include overall customer service provided by everyone at the Airport, courteous and professional TSA security screening staff, and feeling safe and secure in the terminals.
- 81% of passenger survey respondents said that they would recommend John Wayne Airport to their family, friends and others.
“The 2017 passenger satisfaction survey confirms that passengers appreciate the superior guest experience and safe and secure environment found at John Wayne Airport," said Barry A. Rondinella, Airport Director. "We will continue to find ways to enhance the guest experience and provide a safe, secure and convenient Airport for residents and visitors alike.”
To view the survey in its entirety, click here www.ocair.com/reportspublications/PassengerSurvey/2017JWAPassengerSurvey.pdf.
To learn more about John Wayne Airport, visit www.ocair.com.