GA Noise Abatement
Gulfstream V Noise Abatement Procedure
Santa Ana, John Wayne/Orange County, California (KSNA)
During any operations at Santa Ana, the following Noise Abatement
procedures are required:
||7:00 AM [8:00 AM Sundays] – 10:00 PM
||7:00 AM [8:00 AM Sundays] – 11:00 PM
||10:00 PM – 7:00 AM [8:00 AM Sundays]
||11:00 PM – 7:00 AM [8:00 AM Sundays]
- Limit aircraft weight to 77,000 lbs. for takeoff.
- Utilize Rated EPR and Flaps 20° for all takeoffs.
- Pre-takeoff: Select TRS menu on Display Controller panel, select MAN, set and box an EPR value of 1.21
- Plan takeoff using manual throttles set to TO EPR (i.e. full forward throttle)
- Align aircraft on the runway as close to the departure end as feasible.
- Hold brakes and advance power levers to approximately 1.1 EPR (LP=66%)
- Release brakes, rapidly advance power levels to Rated EPR.
- At VR, promptly rotate aircraft to a 13˚ nose-up attitude.
- Upon obtaining a positive rate of climb, retract landing gear, maintain 13˚ pitch attitude while accelerating to VSE.
- At 400’ AGL, retract flaps to Flaps 0˚ and maintain VSE, (minimum 13˚ pitch attitude).
- At 500 feet AGL, engage auto-throttle which reduces climb EPR to 1.21.
- Execute SID and/or departure instructions as closely as possible and continue climb to 3000 feet.
- At 3000 feet select auto EPR and accelerate to normal departure speed.
- Limit weight to 58,000 lbs.
- Set GPWS/GndSplr Flap Override to OFF prior to beginning approach.
- Fly approach to Flaps 20˚ and maintain 125 KCAS.
NOTE: VREF for Flaps 20˚ approach at 58,000 lbs is 125 KCAS.
- At 200’ AGL, deploy Flaps 39˚
NOTE: An EGPWS callout for “too low flaps” will occur at 245’ AGL.
Source: Aircraft manufacturer