Volunteer Ambassador Program
We’re here to help.
John Wayne Airport services more than 10 million passengers a year (approximately 28,000 passengers each day). The Volunteer Ambassador Program at John Wayne Airport was established to enhance the level of service by providing superior guest experience to travelers as they navigate through the Thomas F. Riley Terminal. Our volunteer program consists of Airport Ambassadors and Airport Tour Guides.
Established in 1998, the JWA Volunteer Ambassador Program consists of a team of volunteers, who are trained customer service professionals that assist guests by answering questions they have about Airport amenities, services and visitor/tourism information. Ambassadors are easily identified by their bright red jacket/vest and smiling faces, ready and willing to assist guests. The next time you travel through JWA, feel free to ask an Ambassador for assistance.
Airport Tour Guide
After one year of committed service as an Airport Ambassador, volunteers will have the opportunity to join our Airport Tour Guide team. Our tour guides are specially trained and are experts in JWA history, features and Airport amenities and services, Airport Tour Guides lead group tours consisting of students, foreign visitors, scout troops, at-risk youth, community groups and many others through the terminal. Airport tours are strictly scheduled on the availability of our volunteer tour guides and are conducted during non-peak hours.
Want to become a Volunteer Ambassador?
Our volunteer Ambassadors are an exceptional and dedicated group of people who generously offer their time, talents and energy to help enhance our guest’s experience. Ambassadors have the following responsibilities and benefits here at John Wayne Airport and are expected to fulfill and commit to the requirements listed below.
- Provide superior customer service while creating a courteous and welcoming presence for Airport guests.
- Provide general Airport Terminal information.
- Provide visitor/tourism information and directions to local venues and attractions.
- Provide information on accessing Airport services and navigating the Terminal and Airport property.
- Monitor and provide arriving and departing flight information.
- Log and record statistical data and information such as questions, comments, complaints and suggestions.
- Assist Airport staff with preparation, coordination and/or staffing of special Airport events and projects.
- Utilize technical devices, such as iPads or touch-screen monitors, to better assist and provide real time information.
- Free parking in a secured employee parking lot with complimentary shuttle service.
- Discounts on Airport retail and food items.
- Volunteer recognition events and service awards.
- Specialized training opportunities.
- Participation in special Airport events.
- A commitment to serve a four (4) hour shift every two weeks or eight (8) hours per month for a minimum of one year.
- Volunteers are required to attend Airport customer service/volunteer training.
- Must be able to clear background checks that include a Criminal History Records Check and a TSA Security Threat Assessment.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk or be wheelchair mobile for up to four (4) hours.
- Must adhere to uniform policy which include reporting to work wearing tan/khaki colored pants/skirt and white collared shirt. Red blazer/vest will be provided by the Airport.
- Must be able to problem solve and work well with a variety of people and personalities, be an effective communicator, reliable, flexible, committed, and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Please submit your contact information in the form below and we will contact you once your information has been received. We look forward to hearing from you!