John Wayne Airport (JWA) requires a Ground Transportation Permit for commercial passenger pick-up from JWA. If you are interested in providing this service, please download the appropriate permit packet listed below and submit the completed packet to the JWA Landside Administration Office.
Owners and/or drivers of ground transportation companies without a proper permit are subject to citation by the Orange County Sheriff's Department if an unauthorized passenger pick-up is taking place.
Please submit all documents electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The signature page of the Permit Application Packet and the Security Deposit payment must be submitted via US Mail or by Hand Delivery to the following address. Please include your company name:
John Wayne Airport/Landside Administration
18601 Airport Way, Suite 116
Santa Ana, CA 92707
Attention: Kathy Davis Duran
- Charter Permit Packet (pdf) is for private limousine operators:
These companies must have a customer reservation prior to entering the Airport and charge their customers directly for rides.
- Courtesy Shuttle Permit Packet (pdf) is for hotels and other companies offering courtesy shuttles:
These companies do not need reservations and do not charge customers directly for rides.
- Door-To-Door Permit Packet - for non-reservation shuttle operators: These companies do not need reservations and charge customers directly for rides.
NOTE: Due to a moratorium, JWA is not accepting new permit packages for Door-To-Door services at this time.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please open and read the link below to better understand the rules and regulations at John Wayne Airport. The Ground Transportation rules and regulations are listed under section 12:
Attention John Wayne Airport Ground Transportation Provider, in accordance with the applicable operating permit or contract all Ground Transportation Operators must meet the requirements of Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations:
Read carefully, not all information below applies to all company types.
- Buses, hotel-shuttles, rent-a-car shuttles, employee shuttles, taxis, limos, Door-to-Door shuttles, demand responsive systems (“Transportation Network Carriers” or “TNCs”), and similar services must utilize accessible vehicles, or provide equivalent facilitation, as applicable.
- Buses, hotel shuttles, rent-a-car shuttles, employee shuttles, and similar services must have signage explicitly indicating priority seating for people with disabilities and elderly persons.
- All airport-operated and licensed private fixed-route operators (buses, hotel-shuttles, rent-a-car shuttles, employee shuttles, and similar services) must make arrival and destination stop announcements, for example:
- “Next destination: John Wayne Airport;”
- “Now arriving at: Terminal A, John Wayne Airport;”
- “Next destination: Hotel Luxurious.”
Title 49 also requires John Wayne Airport to ensure that the Airport, our tenants, and Ground Transportation Providers always meet ADA requirements. To that end, on occasion John Wayne Airport may randomly review select Ground Transportation Providers for compliance review. Non-compliance may lead to corrective action in accordance with the applicable operating permit or contract. Additional information can be found at the following link.
FAA ADA Requirements
 49 C.F.R. §§ 37.33, 37.167.
Please submit the following forms electronically to email@example.com when changes to your account are needed:
ADOBE READER FREE DOWNLOAD
All forms and permit packets on this page are best viewed with Adobe Reader 7 or higher. If you have an earlier version or if you are having difficulty opening, saving, and/or printing the above, please download the newest FREE version today by clicking on the link below.