Required Document Checklist
The following documents are required for your permit and must be uploaded as part of the online application process. Before beginning the application process, please print and reference this checklist to make sure all the required documents are available.
- Public Utilities Commission-Transportation Charter Party (PUC-TCP) Certificate
(not applicable for Courtesy Operators)
All commercial charter operating companies must hold a valid TCP Permit from the PUC in order to work legally in California. (Sample)
- Operating Permit
An operating permit is required for dropping off or picking up passengers at JWA.
- Charter Operators must read and sign the Charter Permit (Sample)
- Courtesy Operators must read and sign the Courtesy Permit (Sample)
- Door-to-Door licenses are not currently being accepted. Door-to-Door Operators that would like to operate as a Charter Operator are required to obtain to hold a TCP permit with the PUC, and must read and sign the Charter Permit.
- Security Deposit
All applicants must submit a security deposit when applying for a JWA Operating Permit.
- Your required deposit is calculated by the estimated number of monthly trips × 3 months × $3, with a minimum of $100.
- Security Deposit Payments can be made via:
- US Mail with a Check
- In-person with either Cash, Check or Credit
- Electronic deposits, If you would like to make an electronic payment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Vehicle Registration(s) and Picture(s)
Commercial Auto Liability Certificate of Insurance (Sample)
|7 passengers or less||$750,000|
Workers Compensation Certificate of Insurance (Sample)
Or if NO employees, submit the Workers Compensation Waiver (Sample)
Complete Permit Application Form
Once you have prepared all required documents as listed on this page, please continue the application process below.