CALL TO ARTISTS:
APPLICATIONS FOR EXHIBITION CALENDAR PLACEMENT
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT COMMUNITY FOCUS SPACE PROGRAM
John Wayne Airport (JWA) is calling for Orange County-based visual artists to apply for solo-style exhibition slots in the JWA Community Focus Space (CFS) Program with exhibit openings beginning July 2014.
CFS exhibitions are presented prior to the security checkpoints in the Thomas F. Riley Terminal and are accessible to the visiting public. CFS art is currently exhibited in eight Plexiglas box-covered exhibition cases. Two cases are 5’ tall by 8’ long by 6” deep. Six cases are slanted table-top style cases 35” high by 80” long by 4” deep. Each exhibition “slot” is approximately 30 days in duration. Exhibitions are presented, by John Wayne Airport, at no cost to the artist.
To qualify for consideration, artists must have been born, raised, or educated in Orange County or currently live, work or own property in Orange County.
Artist applications must be received by John Wayne Airport no later than 4:00 pm on May 15, 2013. All applications will be reviewed by the JWA Arts Commission in August 2013. Applicants will be notified of results on or about November 1, 2013.
Artist applications must include:
- One CD with ten (10) different JPG images of the art work and/or items being submitted for consideration. Each of the 10 image files must be labeled with a number (1 through 10) and the name of the artwork and/or items, followed by artist’s or organization’s name. Example: 1 / OCEAN VIEW / Roberta Smith.
The CD must be labeled with the following information: (1) artist name; (2) mailing address; (3) daytime telephone number; (4) E-mail address; and (5) art medium or organization’s focus.
- A single 8-1/2” x 11” sheet (portrait style) with 1-1/2” left margin list of the ten entries by number, names, dates and medium for each art work or item as presented on and matching the CD. Include all artist or organizational contact information at the top of the page, upper right hand corner.
- On a separate 8-1/2” x 11” sheet(s) (portrait style) with 1-1/2” left margins, please provide the following information about the artist:
- Statement about submitted artwork
- Exhibition record (if any)
- Collections artwork are in (if any)
- Awards (if any)
- List of any reviews or media presence of artwork (if any)
- At the top right hand corner of each sheet please include the following:
- artist name;
- mailing address;
- daytime telephone number;
- E-mail address;
- art medium.
Please note: No application materials, including CDs, will be returned.
Please mail or deliver by 4:00 p.m., May 15, 2013, all required application materials to:
Mr. Jeffrey Frisch
Coordinator, John Wayne Airport Arts Program
John Wayne Airport
3160 Airway Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
For additional information about the Community Focus Space program or this Call for Applications, please contact Jeffrey Frisch, Coordinator, John Wayne Airport Arts Program at Jfrisch@ocair.com.