December 16, 2015
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT PROVIDES DECEMBER HOLIDAY TRAVEL TIPS
SANTA ANA, Calif. - John Wayne Airport (JWA) anticipates a busier-than-normal travel period between December 18, 2015 and January 2, 2016. Last year, more than 380,000 passengers traveled through JWA during this period. To ensure a smooth visit to the Airport, passengers are encouraged to plan ahead and arrive at the Airport 90 minutes to two hours prior to departure time for domestic flights, and three hours in advance for international flights.
"When visitors travel through JWA, our goal is to ensure a safe, secure and enjoyable holiday travel experience," said Board of Supervisors Chairman Todd Spitzer. "This is the season to reflect and celebrate good tidings with family and friends."
"We encourage everyone to plan ahead as they travel during this busy holiday season to meet friends and family," said Orange County Supervisor Michelle Steel. "The great team at John Wayne Airport will be doing everything they can to help travelers reach their destination smoothly and safely."
Tips for Passengers and Visitors
- Arrive 90 minutes to two hours before scheduled departure times for domestic flights and three hours for international flights.
- Traveling with furry friends? Utilize one of two animal relief areas before heading into the Riley Terminal, located on the Arrival (lower) Level in front of Terminals A and C.
- Pack up to one small carry-on bag plus one personal item as long as the carry-on bag fits airline dimensions. Check with individual airlines for specifics and details related to checked baggage.
- Drivers picking up passengers at the Airport are encouraged to utilize the Cell Phone Waiting Lot, located south of Parking Structure C near the corner of MacArthur Boulevard and Campus Drive, and two-hour parking spaces, located on the Arrival (lower) Level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C.
- Reminder: Gifts should not be wrapped as they are subject to search, even if placed in checked baggage.
Tips for Parking at JWA
- Curbside Valet Parking is available for $30 per day or $10 per hour.
- Self-parking is available in Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C for $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine, for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- Access terminal parking structures from the Departure (upper) Level only.
Tips from TSA and CBP
- Visit Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to become familiar with prohibited items and the 3-1-1 rule for liquids in carry-ons.
- TSA Pre✓® passengers can take advantage of expedited screening at one of three checkpoints at John Wayne Airport.
- International travelers should check U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) to ensure they have appropriate travel documentation for visiting the United States. Note: Passengers who are members of the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program can expedite their Customs clearance into the U.S. at John Wayne Airport. Passengers traveling to and from Vancouver, Canada, will clear Customs in Canada.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically, go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.