November 18, 2015
THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY TRAVEL TIPS
SANTA ANA, Calif. - In anticipation of one of the most heavily traveled holiday periods, John Wayne Airport (JWA) offers travel tips to help passengers prepare for a safe and enjoyable holiday. Passengers traveling through JWA between Friday, November 20 and Monday, November 30 will experience higher-than-normal passenger traffic due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
This season, JWA is thankful for its partnership with KeepOCSafe. Together, we encourage travelers to be aware of their surroundings and report questionable objects or activities. A Giant Red Backpack (pictured below) will be on display in the Riley Terminal throughout the holidays to remind passengers and visitors, "If You See Something, Say Something™."
"Thanksgiving is a perfect time to give thanks and celebrate with family and friends," said Orange County Supervisor Michelle Steel. "As travelers take to the skies during this holiday weekend, JWA will do all it can to make their trip safe and enjoyable."
- Arrive 90 minutes to two hours before scheduled departure times for domestic flights and three hours for international flights.
- Traveling with furry friends? Utilize one of two animal relief areas before heading into the Riley Terminal, located on the Arrival (lower) Level in front of Terminals A and C.
- Pack up to one small carry-on bag plus one personal item as long as the carry-on bag fits airline dimensions. Check with individual airlines for specifics and details related to checked baggage.
- Curbside Valet Parking is available for $30 per day or $10 per hour.
- Self-parking is available in Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C for $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine, for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- Access terminal parking structures from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Drivers picking up passengers are encouraged to utilize the Cell Phone Waiting Lot and 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C.
- Color-coded and numbered columns along the white curb on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway make meeting arriving passengers easy.
TSA and CBP Tips
- Visit Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to become familiar with prohibited items and the 3-1-1 rule for liquids in carry-ons.
- TSA Pre✓® passengers can take advantage of expedited screening at one of three checkpoints at John Wayne Airport.
- International travelers should check U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) to ensure they have appropriate travel documentation for visiting the United States. Note: Passengers who are members of the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program can expedite their Customs clearance into the U.S. at John Wayne Airport. Passengers traveling to and from Vancouver, Canada, will clear Customs in Canada.
For more information about John Wayne Airport, visit ocair.com.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically, go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.