September 1, 2015
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT PROVIDES LABOR DAY WEEKEND TRAVEL TIPS
SANTA ANA, Calif. - John Wayne Airport (JWA) anticipates a busier-than-normal travel period from Thursday, September 3 through Tuesday, September 8 during the Labor Day holiday weekend. More than 151,000 passengers traveled through JWA during the same period in 2014 with the busiest travel days being the Thursday and Friday before Labor Day.
During this holiday period, JWA travelers can visit ocair.com for real-time flight status as well as construction activities around the Riley Terminal. Drivers are encouraged to plan ahead and exercise caution when navigating Airport roadways and follow posted speed limits.
"As you travel through our world-class airport, I hope you'll use the conveniences John Wayne Airport provides to make your trip easy and stress-free," said Orange County Supervisor Michelle Steel. "From close parking to quick check-in and screening lines, free Wi-Fi and power charging stations, plus a variety of dining and shopping options, we aim to provide amenities that meet our traveler's needs."
Color-coded and numbered columns along the white curb on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway make meeting arriving passengers easy.
- Arrive 90 minutes to two hours before scheduled departure times for domestic flights and three hours for international flights.
- Traveling with furry friends? Utilize one of two animal relief areas before heading into the terminal, located on the Arrival (lower) Level in front of Terminals A and C.
- Pack up to one small carry-on bag plus one personal item as long as the carry-on bag fits airline dimensions. Check with individual airlines for specifics and details related to checked baggage.
- Curbside Valet Parking is available for $30 per day or $10 per hour.
- Self-parking is available in Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C for $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine, for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
Passenger Pickup/Drop Off
- Drivers picking up passengers at the Airport are encouraged to utilize 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C. Access to terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Color-coded and numbered columns along the white curb on the Arrival (lower) Level roadway make meeting arriving passengers easy. Column 14 is also a designated JWA Yellow Cab pickup location for Terminal C.
Other travel planning resources
- Visit Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to become familiar with prohibited items and the 3-1-1 rule for liquids in carry-ons.
- TSA Pre✓® passengers can take advantage of expedited screening at one of three checkpoints at John Wayne Airport.
- International travelers should check U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) to ensure they have appropriate travel documentation for visiting the United States. Note: Passengers who are members of the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program can expedite their Customs clearance into the U.S. at John Wayne Airport. Those passengers traveling to and from Vancouver, Canada, will clear Customs in Canada before entering the United States.
For more information about John Wayne Airport, visit ocair.com.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically, go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.