June 24, 2015
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT PROVIDES FOURTH OF JULY HOLIDAY TRAVEL TIPS
SANTA ANA, Calif. - Summer travel is underway at John Wayne Airport (JWA) and with the upcoming Fourth of July holiday, JWA anticipates a busy travel period from Friday, June 26 through Sunday, July 5. Passengers and visitors are encouraged to check construction alerts at ocair.com and plan ahead if visiting JWA during this time. Passengers are also reminded that fireworks are prohibited in or around the Airport.
"Independence Day is a time to celebrate our country's independence and many travelers take to the skies during this holiday weekend," said Board of Supervisors Chairman Todd Spitzer. "Our goal is to ensure you have a safe, secure and enjoyable holiday travel experience."
Travel Tips for Passengers and Visitors:
- All passengers flying out of JWA are encouraged to arrive 90 minutes to two hours before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights, and three hours for international flights to find parking, check luggage and go through the security checkpoint. Passengers who are members of TSA Pre-Check can expedite the screening process in Terminals A, B and C.
- Passengers are allowed one small carry-on bag plus one personal item as long as the carry-on bag fits airline dimensions. Check with individual airlines for specifics.
- Drivers picking up passengers at the Airport are encouraged to utilize 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C.
Parking Tips at JWA:
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, located on the Departure (upper) Level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers. Access to terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine, for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- For parking availability, call 949.252.5200.
Tips from TSA and CBP:
For more Airport travel tips, visit ocair.com. Also see TSA's summer travel checklist by visiting: www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/summer-travel for more information.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically, go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.