Holiday Travel Tips
With the busy holiday travel season rapidly approaching, we’d like to remind our passengers of a few tips to help keep your airport experience smooth and hassle-free.
- Arrive 90 minutes to two-hours before the flight departure time to find parking, check luggage and go through the security checkpoint. Passengers who are members of TSA Pre✔™ can expedite the screening process in Terminals A, B (morning only) and C.
- Passengers are allowed one small carry-on bag plus one personal item as long as the carry-on bag fits airline dimensions. Check with individual airlines for specifics.
- Drivers picking up passengers at the Airport are encouraged to utilize 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C.
Parking Options at JWA:
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day is located on the Departure (upper) Level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers. Access to terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main Street, Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to and from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
- For parking availability call 949.252.5200.
Know Before You Go from TSA and CBP:
- Review Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Travel Tips to become familiar with what items are prohibited, including the 3-1-1 rule for liquids in carry-ons. International travelers should check the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website to ensure they have appropriate documentation for traveling to and from the United States. Note: Passengers who are members of the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program will be able to expedite their Customs clearance into the U.S. at John Wayne Airport. Those passengers traveling to and from Canada will clear Customs in Canada before returning to the United States.
If You See Something, Say Something™:
- This season, JWA is thankful for its partnership with KeepOCSafe. Together, we're encouraging travelers to be more aware of their surroundings and to report questionable objects or activities. A giant red backpack is on display in the Riley Terminal throughout the holidays to remind passengers and visitors: "If You See Something, Say Something™." The backpack concept provides a highly visible and compelling reminder for people to use common sense and report things that do not seem right such as an unattended object left in a public place or near important buildings. Together, we can keep our community safe.
>>> Read next story...