May 20, 2014
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT URGES TRAVELERS TO PLAN
AHEAD FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TRAVEL
SANTA ANA, Calif. - Memorial Day Weekend is traditionally one of the busiest travel periods of the year. John Wayne Airport (JWA) expects Airport traffic to be heaviest on Thursday and Friday (May 22 - 23) and Tuesday (May 27). In 2013, over 150,000 passengers traveled through JWA between the Thursday bre and the Tuesday after Memorial Day.
Travel Tips for Passengers and Visitors:
- Arrive 90 minutes to two hours before the flight departure time to find parking, check luggage and go through the security checkpoint. Passengers who are members of TSA Pre-Check can expedite the screening process in Terminals A, B and C.
- Drivers picking up passengers at the Airport are encouraged to utilize 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C.
Parking at JWA:
Alert: The ticketless parking feature at all parking locations (A1, A2, B2, C, Main Street) may be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance from mid-May through June. In addition, from June 6 through 8, periodic closures of each parking entrance will occur; access to other parking locations will be available and all parking exits will remain open. Access to all parking is from the Departure (upper) Level Roadway only.
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, located on the Departure (upper) Level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- For parking availability call 949.252.5200 or for directions to JWA, visit: www.ocair.com/parking.
For more Airport travel tips, visit www.ocair.com. Also see TSA's summer travel checklist by visiting: www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/summer-travel for more information.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is owned by the County of Orange and is operated as a self-supporting enterprise that receives no general fund tax revenue. The Airport serves more than nine million passengers annually and reaches more than 20 nonstop destinations in the United States, Mexico and Canada. More information can be found at www.ocair.com or at facebook.com/johnwayneairport or on twitter.com /johnwayneair.
receive John Wayne Airport
news releases automatically,
go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.