November 19, 2013
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT OFFERS TRAVEL TIPS FOR THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY TRAVELERS
SANTA ANA, Calif. - In anticipation of one of the most heavily traveled holiday periods, John Wayne Airport (JWA) offers travel tips to help passengers prepare for a safe and enjoyable holiday. Passengers traveling through JWA between Friday, November 22 and Monday, December 2 will experience higher-than-normal passenger traffic due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
This season, JWA is thankful for its partnership with KeepOCSafe. Together, we're encouraging travelers to be more aware of their surroundings and to report questionable objects or activities. A Giant Red Backpack (pictured below) will be on display in the Riley Terminal throughout the holidays to remind passengers and visitors: "If You See Something, Say Something™."
Passengers and Visitors:
- Arrive 90 minutes to two-hours before the flight departure time to find parking, check luggage and go through the security checkpoint. Passengers who are members of TSA Pre✔™ can expedite the screening process in Terminals A, B (morning only) and C.
- Drivers picking up passengers at the Airport are encouraged to utilize 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C.
- Passengers are allowed one small carry-on bag plus one personal item as long as the carry-on bag fits airline dimensions. Check with your individual airline for specifics.
Parking Options at JWA:
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, is located on the Departure (upper) Level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers. Access to terminal parking structures is available from the Departure (upper) Level only.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
- For parking availability call 949.252.5200 or for directions to JWA, visit: http://www.ocair.com/parking/rates.aspx.
Know Before You Go from TSA and CBP:
- Review Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Travel Tips to become familiar with what items are prohibited, including the 3-1-1 rule for liquids in carry-ons.
- International travelers should check the U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) website to ensure they have appropriate documentation for traveling to and from the United States. Visit http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/ to learn more. Note: Passengers who are members of the Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program will be able to expedite their Customs clearance into the U.S. at John Wayne Airport. Those passengers traveling to and from Canada will clear Customs in Canada before returning to the United States.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is owned by the County of Orange and is operated as a self-supporting enterprise that receives no general fund tax revenue. The Airport serves approximately nine million passengers annually and reaches more than 20 nonstop destinations in the United States, Mexico and Canada. More information can be found at www.ocair.com or at facebook.com/johnwayneairport or on twitter.com /johnwayneair.
receive John Wayne Airport
news releases automatically,
go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.