August 30, 2012
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT OFFERS TRAVEL TIPS FOR THE LABOR DAY HOLIDAY WEEKEND
SANTA ANA, Calif. - John Wayne Airport (JWA) anticipates a busier-than-normal travel period from Thursday, August 30 through Tuesday, September 4 during the Labor Day holiday weekend. More than 150,000 passengers traveled through JWA during the same period in 2011 with the busiest travel days being the Thursday before and Tuesday following Labor Day.
Travel Tips from John Wayne Airport
Passengers and visitors are encouraged to give themselves 90 minutes to two hours to find parking, check their luggage and go through the security checkpoint to ensure they are at the gate in time for their flight.
- Check www.ocair.com for the most up-to-date construction alerts on the Airport’s homepage and consider using the Upper (departure) Level roadway for passenger drop off and pickup to avoid delays related to construction on the Lower (arrival) Level of the Airport roadway.
Parking Options at JWA
- For parking availability call 949.252.5200 or for directions to JWA, visit www.ocair.com/parking.
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, located on the Upper (departure) Level, curbside between Terminals A and B or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking Structure A1 and A2 are located adjacent and directly across from Terminal A, while Parking Structures B2 and C are closest to Terminals B and C. Rates are $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers.
- Off-Site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
Know Before You Go from TSA and CBP
- Visit the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to become familiar with what items are prohibited, included the 3-1-1 Rule for liquids in carry-ons. Visit www.tsa.gov for more information.
- International Travelers should check the U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) website to ensure they have appropriate documentation for traveling to and from the United States. Visit http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/. Note: Travelers to and from Canada will clear Customs in Canada before returning to the United States.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is owned by the County of Orange and is operated as a self-supporting enterprise that receives no general fund tax revenue. The Airport serves approximately nine million passengers annually and reaches more than 20 non-stop destinations in the United States, Canada and Mexico. More information can be found at www.ocair.com.
receive John Wayne Airport
news releases automatically,
go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.