November 17, 2011
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT OFFERS TRAVEL TIPS FOR THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY
SANTA ANA, Calif. - In anticipation of the nation’s most heavily traveled holiday period, John Wayne Airport (JWA) offers travel tips to help passengers prepare for a safe and enjoyable holiday air travel experience. Passengers traveling through JWA between Friday, November 18 and Monday, November 28, will experience higher-than-normal passenger traffic due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. In 2010, 187,028 passengers traveled through JWA during the week of Thanksgiving. The busiest travel days are expected to be Wednesday, November 23 and Sunday, November 27.
Passengers should give themselves 90 minutes to two hours to find parking, check their luggage and go through the security checkpoint to ensure they are at their gate in time for their flight. For the latest travel tips and security requirements, log on to www.ocair.com. Also, TSA offers tips for the holidays on their website.
- Southwest and Frontier Airlines are currently checking bags in Terminal B. This may change, however, so customers traveling on Southwest or Frontier are encouraged to check with their carrier or JWA’s Web site before going to the Airport to confirm where they should check bags. Passengers with carry-on bags only who are flying on these airlines can self-check in at Terminal C kiosks, and use the new security screening checkpoint in Terminal C.
- Parking Structures A1 and A2 are located adjacent to and directly across from Terminal A and are available at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers.
- Parking Structures B2 and C are closest to Terminals B and C and are available at a rate of $20 per day or $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers.
- For parking availability and/or directions to JWA call 949.252.5200, or visit: www.ocair.com/parking.
- Curbside Valet Parking is $30 per day and is located between Terminals A and B and in front of the new Terminal C on the departure (upper) level.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot is located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is owned by the County of Orange and is operated as a self-supporting enterprise that receives no general fund tax revenue. The Airport serves approximately nine million passengers annually, reaches 20 nonstop destinations in the United States and Canada and is served by 10 commercial passenger airlines. More information can be found at www.ocair.com.
# # #