November 18, 2010
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT OFFERS TRAVEL TIPS
FOR THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY
SANTA ANA, Calif. - In anticipation of the nation's most heavily traveled holiday period, John Wayne Airport (JWA) offers travel tips to help passengers prepare for a safe and enjoyable holiday air travel experience. Passengers traveling through JWA between Friday, November 19 and Monday, November 29 will experience higher-than-normal passenger traffic due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. In 2009, more than 140,000 passengers traveled through JWA during the 11-day period. The busiest travel days are expected to be Wednesday, November 24 and Sunday, November 28.
Passengers should give themselves 90 minutes to two hours to find parking, check their luggage and go through the security checkpoint to ensure they are at their gate in time for their flight. For the latest travel tips and security requirements, log on to www.ocair.com.
PARKING AND ROADWAY CONDITIONS
- Minor lane closures and narrowing are in effect related to construction of new Terminal C, Parking Structure C and the Central Utility Plant. A map of the affected area is below.
- For parking availability and/or directions to JWA call 949.252.5200, or visit: www.ocair.com/parking.
- Curbside Valet Parking is $30 per day and is located between Terminals A and B on the departure (upper) level.
- Parking Structure A1, A2, and B2 are located adjacent and directly across from the Terminals at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers.
- Parking Lot C, located south of Terminal B on Airport Way is $17 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot is located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
As part of the JWA Improvement Program, passengers may also notice improvements taking shape inside Terminals A and B, including:
- Ceiling tiles have been removed in areas throughout the Riley Terminal and baggage claim area to allow the Airport to access and upgrade its current Terminal paging system with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Seating will be limited at Gates 2 and 3 where a secure corridor is being constructed to accommodate international passenger service. In the future, these gates will serve both domestic and international passengers.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is a self-supporting enterprise owned and operated by the County of Orange and serves approximately nine million passengers annually. The Airport is served by nine commercial passenger airlines serving 20 nonstop destinations. More information can be found at www.ocair.com.
# # #
receive John Wayne Airport
news releases automatically,
go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.