August 31, 2010
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT OFFERS TRAVEL TIPS FOR THE LABOR DAY HOLIDAY WEEKEND
SANTA ANA, Calif. - John Wayne Airport (JWA) anticipates a busier-than-normal travel period from Thursday, September 2 through Tuesday, September 7 during the Labor Day holiday weekend. More than 144,000 passengers traveled through JWA during the same time period in 2009 with the busiest travel days being the Friday before and Monday of Labor Day.
Passengers and visitors are encouraged to plan ahead and give themselves 90 minutes to two hours to find parking, check their luggage and go through the security checkpoint to ensure they are at their gate in time for their flight. As part of JWA's Improvement Program, construction is underway on a new Terminal C, Parking Structure C and Central Utility Plant. A map of the impacted area is attached and can be found here. For the latest travel tips and security requirements, log on to www.ocair.com.
- For parking availability call 949.252.5200 or for directions to JWA, visit: www.ocair.com/Parking.
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, located between Terminals A and B on the departure (upper) level.
- Parking Structure A1, A2, and B2 are located adjacent and directly across from the Terminals at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers.
- Parking Lot C, located south of Terminal B on Airport Way is $17 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot is located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is a self-supporting enterprise owned and operated by the County of Orange and serves nearly nine million passengers annually. The Airport is served by 10 commercial airlines serving 20 nonstop destinations in the United States and Canada. More information can be found at www.ocair.com.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically subscribe here.