May 25, 2010
JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT PROVIDES TRAVEL TIPS
FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
SANTA ANA, Calif. - Memorial Day weekend marks the beginning of the summer travel season and is traditionally one of the busiest travel weekends of the year. John Wayne Airport (JWA) expects airport traffic to be heaviest on Friday (May 28) and Tuesday (June 1). In 2009, nearly 100,000 passengers traveled through JWA between the Friday before and the Tuesday after Memorial Day.
Visitors to JWA during the Memorial Day holiday weekend should be aware of ongoing construction activities around the Riley Terminal. Passengers and visitors are encouraged to plan ahead and give themselves 90 minutes to two-hours to find parking, check their luggage and go through the security checkpoint to ensure they are at their gate in time for their flight.
As part of JWA’s Improvement Program, construction is underway on Terminal C and Parking Structure C, both scheduled to open in late 2011. During Airport construction, some roadways have been narrowed and drivers may experience temporary lane closures. Visitors to JWA are encouraged to exercise caution when navigating Airport roadways and follow posted speed limits. See detailed map for more information:
Parking options at JWA:
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, located on the departure level between Terminals A and B.
- Parking Structure A1, A2 and B2 are located adjacent and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers.
- Parking Lot C, located south of Terminal B on Airport Way is $17 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Riley Terminal every 15 minutes.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
- For parking availability call 949.252.5200 or for directions to JWA, visit: http://www.ocair.com/parking/parking.htm.
For the latest travel tips and security requirements, log on to http://www.ocair.com for more information.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is a self-supporting enterprise owned and operated by the County of Orange and serves nearly nine million passengers annually.
To receive John Wayne Airport news releases automatically, go to www.ocair.com and click Subscribe.