May 19, 2009
CONSTRUCTION ALERT FOR JOHN WAYNE AIRPORT
VISITORS DURING MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
SANTA ANA, Calif. - Visitors to John Wayne Airport (JWA) this Memorial Day holiday weekend should be aware of ongoing construction just south of Terminal B. Passengers and visitors are encouraged to plan ahead and give themselves two-hours to find parking, check their luggage and go through the security checkpoint to ensure they are at their gate in time for their flight. A map of the impacted area is attached and can be found here.
Memorial Day weekend marks the beginning of the summer travel season and is traditionally one of the busiest travel weekends of the year. The heaviest airport traffic this holiday is expected on Friday (May 22) and Monday (May 25).
As part of JWA's Improvement Program, Parking Structure B1 closed in September 2008 to make way for a new Terminal C, which is scheduled to open in late 2011. In the meantime, there are a number of parking options at the Airport:
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, located between Terminals A and B.
- Parking Structure A1, A2, B2 are located adjacent and directly across from the Terminal at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers.
- Parking Lot C, located south of Terminal B on Airport Way at Tallman is $17 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
- For parking availability call 949.252.5200 or for directions to JWA, visit: http://www.ocair.com/Parking.
For the latest travel tips and security requirements, log on to http://www.ocair.com for more information or call 949.252.5200.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is a self-supporting enterprise, owned and operated by the County of Orange, serves nearly nine million passengers annually and is governed by the five-member Orange County Board of Supervisors.